Week 9

THis week I used the 3D pen to make three structures. The 3D pen needs to be plugged into a charger that keeps the nozzel hot so when the filament comes out its soft and malleable. It also 3 speeds, one being the fastest where it comes out smooth, the second being slower, and the final one is the one where it comes out in small bursts, which is the best for smaller detailing.

The box the 3D pen came in
Fist attempt to using the 3D pen, just a brick to get used to the different speeds the filament can unload
Second attempt to try and make a tree, I failed miserably.

3rd attempt using all I learned, supposed to be some sort of animals on four legs and a tail. Very small but better than the tree.

Next week I hope to be able to contact my expert during the long weeked, I’ve already emailed them and they have replied I just need to get there this weekend. My dad already has my STL. file in the queue so it should be ready by next week at the latest, he is also trying to buy the spare part for his broken 3D printer. At the moment I’ll probably model some more things, I might also change my end goal, not sure yet though.